Congratulations to the five fire departments who got the news today that their applications were chosen to receive grants. It’s always exciting for me to call each fire chief in person to share the good news. The recipients are:
- Niobe Lake Fire Department: $23,900 for a used 4×4 3/4 ton pickup truck
- Edwardsburgh Cardinal Township Fire Department: $13,495 for a Hurst Hydraulic Ram
- Batchawana Fire & Rescue: $4,190 for a rescue strut kit and winch
- Montague Township Fire Department: $3,928 for a Galaxy GX2 Test System
- McDougall Fire Department: $2,339.50 for half the cost of a Mavic 2 Firefighter Drone
Congratulations to all the recipients and thank you for all you do for your communities!
I was perusing and decided to search you out. I love what you are doing for small fire departments in Ontario. You are giving back to right cause.
I am still living in Nanaimo with Jerri, my wife of 42 years. I retired in 2011. Might move back to Ontario … can’t decide. The weather is better on the coast. However, the friends we had here have all either died or moved away. It’s a tad lonely and boring with no people.
I remained in a music related business for the duration and it’s paid off. I have been aware of your adventures as they were publicized. You’ve had a great career, lady, kudos.
It would be lovely to see you again before it’s all over …. I recall the ‘old days’ fondly. There aren’t many of us left.